06 August 2006

Red River WMA - 8/6/06 - Roller Hunt - Pt. 2

Part Two: Laissez Les scarabées Roulez

So, we drove a bit more (like, tons more) and got to some lake drainage thing (pic below) that I'll name when I look at the map again or Travis posts it.










After a short walk along the water I found the first "deposit" and under it was my first Canthon. Travis went off to talk to the mysterious humans in the woods. He found out that they were exploding dynamite for testing and we had proof of that soon after. Not too far along the trail Travis spotted two otters swimming and I saw my first actual "rolling" (pic below). We found 11 total.











This shot was not far from the bridge we walked from. Further down this road we hit "millipede alley" and found 9 or 10 Narceus americanus crossing the road.












Shot a pic of this nice field......










...and this nice serpent.











It turned out to be a very nice trip.

Steven

No comments: