25 June 2006

Some Miscellaneous Stuff

I had some more rolls of film developed, mostly of stuff I photographed around here, but also a couple I took over at Steven's house. I did have a third roll with what would have been some great shots of the rainbow-colored tiger beetles, Megacephala (Tetracha) carolina, but Wal-mart messed that roll up, so none of the pictures were developed. Anyway, what I do have is the following: first is a pair of grasshoppers (sp.?) mating, presumably.


Paper wasps are quite common, and thus are great photo subjects when one is bored and looking for some good shots.


Here's a ladybird beetle (sp.?).


The next few pictures are of a 1) stag beetle, Lucanus capreolus and 2) a yet-to-be identified metallic green ground (?) beetle that Steven collected from the "farm" in Washington, St. Landry Parish.


-James

No comments: